I crocheted a shirt/blouse! It took me about half a freakin’ year or so, but now it’s finished.
This has been a ridiculously long project, mostly due to the thin cotton yarn (I used a 2mm hook), but also because I’m not the most industrious crochet-person, and because I was silly enough to make this without a proper pattern/instructions. But in the end it turned out really nice, so I guess it was all worth it. The shoulders are a little weirdly shaped though.
For the most part I used this stitch, along with a basic double crochet. For the hems I used this really cute stitch. I used some basic sewing patterns and my body measurements to make the pieces, which I then sewed together.
The neckline I finished using single-fold binding made from a strip of basic black knit fabric.
I even crocheted a little test strip, just so I could see how the binding would work:
All in all, I’m glad this project is done, but next time I’ll be sure to either a) make something small, b) make something really lacy, c) use thicker yarn.
PS. As you can see, I’ve cut my hair! Actually I did it quite a long time ago, but since there have been no pics of me for a while over here, I haven’t had the chance to show it to you. Yay :)