Yes, I know. Whenever someone makes a trench coat, they use this same title. Lack of originality: check!
Anyways, I made myself a trench coat, and I think it turned out pretty darn good.
I used pattern 128 from Burda 1/2008, adding inverted pleats to the sides and centre back, as well as a back yoke, and leaving out the second row of buttons at the front.
The fabric I found from the leftovers section of my local fabric store. The whole 3,2 m piece cost only about 17 euros, which was nice. The annoying thing about buying fabric that’s been lying in a pile for months is that I just could get the wrinkles ironed out, no matter how much steam I spurted at them. The stripey lining shown below was one of my grandma’s leftovers.
This coat was a lot of work, I must admit, but worth the effort.